Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Some details...

Here are some of the little details and DIY's that I've added to the bedroom.
I had three canvas prints that were above my bed, but didn't quite match the new colors. I took some spackling and smeared it on top of the canvas making sure I created some texture. After that dried, I painted it the Sea Sprite I used for my accent wall. Next, I dry brushed some off-white that I used for the furniture to highlight the texture. Finally I cut burlap, frayed the ends, and hot-glued it and a shell to each canvas. Reduce, reuse, recycle. Right?


Click here to see each step.


Next, I found this cute "coral reefy" looking thing at Marshall's and added a wooden fish. Also, in the picture is a DIY project for some great coastal candles. Just take some shells and sea glass and hot glue them around the candle and add some hemp twine. The "Beach Walk" diffuser from Yankee Candle Co. adds the wonderful beach scent.



Another great find was this Fisherman's Hat. I found it at the local Antique store for $5. I was so excited. I placed it on some decorative trunks and it goes great on Michael's dresser.



I found these great antique books at a garage sale and put them on my dresser along with a collection of shells and some coastal potpourri. I LOVE the titles!

There you have it. Some of my new finds and DIY projects that make up my new bedroom. Stay tuned tomorrow for the big reveal!!



Posted by Picasa
Chic on a Shoestring Decorating

4 comments:

  1. i'm on the edge of my seat waiting for the great reveal!! it's so cute!
    -danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is so cute and SO creative! Absolutely love how you redid the canvas prints. Can't wait to see the reveal! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute and creative art canvas prints. I love the color and texture you added!

    ReplyDelete